World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks an NGP Office Intern for the spring 2018 semester. The Northern Great Plains spans more than 180 million acres and crosses 5 US states and 2 Canadian provinces. This short- and mixed-grass prairie is one of only 4 remaining intact temperate grasslands in the world. WWF leads innovative work with public agencies, tribal nations, ranchers, and other partners to create a sustainable future for the Northern Great Plains. Our 2 main goals are to sustain and enhance grasslands and biodiversity across the NGP and to restore 2 flagship species – bison and black-footed ferrets – where possible within the ecoregion. This position offers an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and gain experience with the inner workings of a conservation non-profit field office and help support our goals operationally. This position will work under the direction of the Senior Assistant with flexible, part-time hours based on the intern’s availability.
Internship Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate logistics for meetings and field visits for donors, partners, and staff
• Support Senior Assistant in organizing and managing shared office space
• Assist operations staff with record maintenance and inventory management
• Collaborate with Program Officers to conduct and present independent research on one Northern Great Plains related project
• Compile and draft programmatic information as requested
• Other duties as assigned
• College student earning academic credit
• Interest in conservation and WWF’s mission
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Organized and self-motivated
• Proficient with MS Word and Excel
• Ability to work productively independently and as a part of a team
• Proactive problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Eager to support multi-dimensional needs in a fast-paced office environment
Unpaid. For all unpaid internships, applicants must be enrolled in school and be able to obtain academic course credit from their university.
How to apply: Please submit a resume & cover letter through our Careers page by December 14th.
https://careers-wwfus.icims.com/jobs/search , IN-18034
* Please note that WWF does not provide VISA sponsorship to interns
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.