World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks an Activism & Outreach Intern. This paid internship will be at the forefront of helping to create and develop content for WWF’s rapidly growing Panda Ambassador program in order to support the Ambassadors and help inspire the program’s next growth steps. The intern will work on projects that will help better connect Panda Ambassadors to one another and make their interactions with WWF more efficient and impactful. The intern will work directly with members of the Activism and Outreach team and assist in the development of overall program strategy, communications and project implementation.
II. Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develop content such as online toolkits, social posts, how-to guides to aid Panda Ambassadors and support their work.
2. Identify tools, apps and/or platforms that can better connect Panda Ambassadors to one another. Conduct research and prepare recommendations to the team for each option.
3. Assist with ongoing projects, such as monthly webinar planning, new Ambassador welcome kits, new program development, and event planning.
4. Attend meetings, brainstorming sessions, and conduct interviews with Ambassadors, staff, and vendors as needed.
5. Perform other duties as needed.
1. Education/Experience: College senior or Bachelor’s Degree
2. Skills and Abilities
• Proactive problem-solving and good communication skills (written and verbal);
• Strong interpersonal skills with a willingness and ability to work in a team environment and independently;
• Writing, editing, and proofreading skills. Attention to detail is a must;
• Comfortable using Microsoft tools like Word, Outlook, and Excel;
• Demonstrates a history of leadership, initiative and accountability for work.
3. The ideal candidate will also have some of the following:
• Activism experience
• Graphic design experience (with Photoshop and/or HTML)
• Event planning experience
• Strong knowledge of social media channels – Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter
• Minimum 20 hours per week / Maximum 35 hours per week
How to apply: Please submit a resume & cover letter through our Careers page.
https://careers-wwfus.icims.com/jobs/search , IN-18091
* Please note that WWF does not provide VISA sponsorship to interns
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.