- Position requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 6 years of program or other professional experience. An advanced degree may substitute for 2 years of experience.
- Expertise in GHG Protocol, including the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard, and understanding of Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) criteria and policies required.
- Background in consulting or other direct engagement with corporate sustainability teams is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of corporate climate mitigation strategies and experience with accounting for and reporting corporate value chain emissions (i.e. greenhouse gas footprinting) and supplier sustainability programs are preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in corporate climate target setting and business-NGO collaboration.
- Substantial knowledge of the corporate sustainability landscape as well as climate-related methodologies and platforms relevant to corporate climate ambition and implementation is preferred.
- Understanding of and experience with carbon and renewable energy markets is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical and project management skills are preferred.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills are preferred.
- Ability to operate with independence, effectively plan and prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide range of individuals and cultures is preferred.
- Some domestic travel may be required (10%).
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
Please Note: Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22027
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply