- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as climate and environmental studies, economics, business or similar concentrations required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years program or other professional experience or advanced degree with 2 plus years of experience. Background in consulting or other direct engagement with corporate sustainability teams is a plus.
- Substantial knowledge of corporate sustainability landscape as well as climate-related methodologies and platforms relevant to corporate climate ambition and implementation.
- Thorough knowledge of corporate risk management methodologies and strategies, experience interacting with the private sector, and knowledge of sustainability programs and TCFD.
- Preferable experience in fields relevant to biodiversity conservation, ecosystem services assessment, or landscape strategic and spatial planning and understanding of international conservation, climate, and sustainable development issues, especially climate risk management, climate resilience, and systems change.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate with independence, effectively plan and prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide range of individuals and cultures.
- Position will be located in Washington, DC.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required (10%).
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
This is one year limited term position.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #23014
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.