Title: Development Systems Business Analyst
Job Family/Level: Development/Specialist
Reports to: Director, Development Systems Partnerships, and Reporting
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: February 2023
The Development Systems Business Analyst provides data, system, and reporting support for the WWF Development Department. At the direction of the Director, Development Systems Partnerships, and Reporting, the Business Analyst assists Development team members with critical day-to-day information and data support, as well as queries and reports from WWF’s Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system. This position gathers, documents, and evaluates business process requirements from Development Teams, and trains staff on systems functions and processes, as well as creates and maintains a library of process documentation for both the team and the Department. Collaborates with the Senior Development Systems Specialist to gather requirements for reports needed by Development staff.
- Assists Development staff with basic to moderate systems or reporting needs, including operation of functions, record changes, and running queries and reports
- Maintains and executes standard reports that are critical for various team’s operations and data insights
- Writes system queries as requested by Development team members
- Trains Development staff, both one-on-one and groups, on basic functions of WWF’s Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Monitors data quality for Development donor accounts
- Conducts basic investigation of system issues and errors, and submits work tickets for corrective resolution as necessary
- Assists Development staff with unique CRM system operations such as invitation lists or marketing efforts
- As Primary liaison, conducts regular check-ins and trainings and provides query/report assistance for Development’s internal CRM Power Users
- Drafts and maintains documentation and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and minimum 4 years’ of previous experience with advancement services, fundraising systems, prospect development, or related experience required
- Strong familiarity with donor management or constituent relationship management (CRM) systems; familiarity with Blackbaud CRM preferred
- Knowledge of development/fundraising practices and techniques
- Experience working in a non-profit environment preferred
- Customer service orientation, excellent interpersonal communications skill, and ability to tactfully navigate competing demands
- Experience writing and compiling documentation of business processes for end-users
- Experience training end-users on system and processes
- Ability to interpret technical information and translate both written and orally for end-users
- Ability to take direction and independently execute tasks
- Ability to operate with independence, under pressure, and to meet deadlines and commitments
- Familiarity with Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.