- Position requires 6 to 8 years of experience in biodiversity conservation and natural resources management, as well as an understanding of international conservation issues. A graduate degree in a related field is preferred and with 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Understanding of the environment and social safeguards (particularly involuntary resettlement and indigenous peoples) policies and procedures of multilateral development organizations
- Understanding of gender mainstreaming and social inclusion policies and international best practices in the context of conservation and/or development projects/programs.
- Strong capacity to communicate with government agencies, local communities, civil societies and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work on complex projects with minimal supervision and operate with independence, under pressure, to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork, including ability to develop rapport in a multicultural environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience working in international development projects is desired.
- Fluency in Spanish or French languages is desired.
- Must be willing to travel at least 20% of the time.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #23137
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.